OFFICE INSIDER – WHAT HAPPENED IN JANUARY?
You can find and follow all monthly Office insider new features and fixes (updates) on our blog. 👍🏻 Officer insider gets updates and new features regularly. It is important to follow these Office insider updates and use them in terms of increasing your knowledge. Now let’s take a look at what kind of changes happened in Office insider in the month of January.
January 29 | Version 2102 (Build 13721.20008)
- We fixed a problem where Excel would unexpectedly quit when you added a Name in the Define Name dialog.
- We fixed an issue that caused the encryption icon to fail to display for emails sent using the Encrypt Only option.
- We fixed an issue where projects with long Cyrillic names could not be opened through Project Center.
January 22, 2021 | Version 2102 (Build 13714.20000)
Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
Government customers: Apply sensitivity labels to your documents and emails
Sensitivity labeling features are now available for customers in the GCC and GCC-H environments.
- We fixed an issue where certain charts using discontinuous ranges of cells would not load when files are re-opened.
- We fixed an issue where Excel would fail to launch or crash unexpectedly if certain Windows Security exploit protection settings (SimExec, CallerCheck) are in use.
- We fixed an issue related to displaying emojis with color.
- We fixed an issue that prevented real-time typing and presence from being restored after loosing internet connectivity for a period of time.
- We fixed an issue with coauthoring.
January 15, 2021 | Version 2101 (Build 13707.20008)
Share emails in Teams
You can now share emails into your Microsoft Teams chats and channels.
Premium content library now available
The premium content library is now available in Visio. Easily insert icons and Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) files into your Microsoft Visio documents. Once they’re in place, rotate, color, and resize them with no loss of image quality. This feature is already available in other Microsoft Office apps like PowerPoint and Word.
- We fixed an issue where running the VBA macro ExportAsFixedFormat2 fails with an error stating “Presentation (unknown member) illegal value.”
- We fixed an issue where when a cost resource was assigned to a milestone task, baseline cost didn’t rollup correctly.
January 8, 2021 | Version 2101 (Build 13704.20000)
It’s now easier to create content with your voice with the new dictation toolbar, voice commands, and auto-punctuation support.
- We fixed an issue where Preview of embedded Excel range in PowerPoint shows incorrect size.
January 1, 2021 | Version 2101 (Build 13624.20002)
Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Admins can now require users to label their documents and emails with the new Mandatory Labeling policy. To enable this feature, admins can use the M365 Compliance Center and set up a labeling policy that “Require users to label their documents and mails.” To disable this feature, admins can remove the label policy.
- We fixed an issue when editing a commenting post with @mention.
- We fixed an issue to make Modern comments more robust.
- We fixed an issue with nested scrollbars in the comments pane.
- We fixed an issue with comment drafts disappearing when creating a new Word instance.
- We fixed an issue with Merge Shapes working with text.
- We fixed an issue and now Outlook can take advantage of an Exchange server setting that suppresses the display of the Exchange Online Archive Mailbox to end users.
- We fixed an issue that addresses a rendering issue affecting OneNote.